TERMS AND CONDITIONS ONLINE BIDDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS 5% Buyers Premium
Bidder understands purchase price is subject to sales tax
IMPORTANT: These terms and conditions apply to all online bidding at auction sales
conducted by Sexton Auctioneers, LLC. By registering to participate in a Sexton Auctioneers
auction sale via online bidding, you expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
Summary of Terms Payment
- All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. Prospective bidders are strongly advised to personally examine any lots in which they are interested before the auction takes place. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold
- Sexton Auctioneers attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot. The absence of any reference to the condition of a lot does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the conditions of aging.
- By placing a bid, either in person, by phone, absentee or via the Internet, you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire to or that you have chosen not to examine them. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you have an expert examine the lot for you or do not bid on the item in question.
- If your item(s) are damaged in shipping, you will need to contact the shipper to file a claim
- All Sales are final
Payment be made by cash, wire, check. Check must clear before items are released by Seller. All Sales Final
. All sales are final and there are absolutely no refunds. Items sell in an “as is, where is” condition, with no warranties, either express or implied. All sales are final. Pickup and Shipping
. The successful bidder must pick up items following payment and will have 7 days following the auction to do so. If Buyer desires to have items shipped, all shipping logistics and costs are at the expense of Buyer Soft Closing
. Sexton Auctioneers uses a soft close bidding feature to create a live auction atmosphere. Any bids placed within the last three minutes before closing time of auction will extend closing time for that item three additional minutes. This will continue until bids are static for three minutes following. Nonpaying Bidders
. If you don’t intend to follow through with your purchase, do not bid. If you fail to pay following purchase at auction, outstanding invoices will be turned over for collection or legal action, and all future bidding privileges will be revoked. 15% default premium will be charged for non-performance of auction agreement If a purchase is defaulted on for any reason, Sexton Auctioneers will charge the winning bidder a default premium 5 days following the close of the auction. The default premium is 15% of the hammer price (with a minimum of $100.00). Sexton Auctioneers reserves the right to automatically charge the credit card on file the entire balance of the default premium. Uncollected default premiums will be sent to collections. Sexton Auctioneers and/or the seller reserve the right to pursue all legal remedies. If unable to satisfy the terms of auction, do not bid. Sexton Auctioneers reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for the default premium along with other damages associated with non-payment of the item. Damages may include but are not limited to storage, removal or loss (if the item is resold). Description Discrepancies
. You are bidding on the described item, not the picture or description. Descriptions are believed to be accurate but not guaranteed. When you are not certain of the condition or use of the item, please bid accordingly. Please let us know if there is an error. All sales are final; no refunds. Titles
. Titles will be mailed to buyer by certified mail within fourteen (14) business days of the item being paid for and picked up (unless unit is title-delayed which will take longer). Buyer’s Premium
. Buyer will pay a premium of 5%, calculated on the selling price.
Bidders are responsible for all bidding activity; Safeguard your account information. Bidder understands that he/she is responsible for submitted bids. Bids placed on www.sextonauctioneers.com are binding and will not be removed. When clicking the 'submit bids' button, you are responsible for the amount displayed. Do not share your account information with anyone. Do not bid on behalf of someone else. If you are declared the winning bidder at the end of the auction, you are the owner. All sales are final. Account user is responsible for all bids placed - whether intentional or unintentional , and is responsible for all users on his or her account. After a bid is placed, it is non-refundable. Shill bidding prohibited
Sexton Auctioneers does not allow sellers or others acting on behalf of the seller to bid on the property. Sexton Auctioneers reserves the right to adjust the purchase price to reflect the last good faith bid. TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- PAYMENT AND BUYER PREMIUM. No less than 5 -days following close of auction, if Buyer is the successful high bidder on any item(s), Buyer will pay to Auctioneer, by cash, wire, or check plus a Buyer’s premium of 5% of the bid amount(s). Checks must clear before items are released by Seller.
- Cashier’s Checks in any amount will be accepted.
- Cash is accepted if paying at our office
- Checks up to $10,000 will be accepted without a bank guaranty letter*. Checks of $10,000 or greater will be accepted only with a bank guaranty letter or with prior approval from Sexton Auctioneer's credit department.
- Checks may be mailed to:
Sexton Auctioneers, LLC
PO Box 179102
Richmond Heights, Missouri
- NO WARRANTY. All machinery, equipment, merchandise, and other items sold by auction are on an “as is/where is” basis without licenses or other rights to software required for equipment to work, without any representations or warranties, either express or implied. Neither Sexton Auctioneers, LLC nor the consignor/seller makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to the property or its value, and in no event shall either be responsible for correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, completeness, condition of the property or estimate of its value. No statement in the online description, or made orally by Sexton Auctioneers, LLC, shall be deemed a warranty or representation nor an assumption of responsibility or liability. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY ARE EXPRESSLY HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Property is open to through public inspection. It is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value, or any other determinative factor.
- REGISTRATION. Buyers must register prior to bidding at any auction sale and warrant and represent that they are over the age of eighteen years and otherwise have legal capacity to enter into this agreement. Sexton Auctioneers, LLC may refuse registration and bidding privileges to anyone for failure to pay previous auction invoices, failure to provide a valid credit card, or any other reason. Bidder hereby agrees that Sexton Auctioneers, LLC may share information about Bidder’s nonpayment of auction invoices or shipping charges with other parties and may pursue collection of balances due by any legal means.
- NO LIABILITY FOR INTERRUPTION OR FAILURE OF INTERNET SERVICE OR PLATFORM MALFUNCTION. Sexton Auctioneers, LLC provides internet-only bidding for this auction. Buyer acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly at any time, including during the auction and at its closing time. It is further understood and agreed that the website and platform service provided can also malfunction at any time. Under no circumstances shall Buyer have a claim of any kind against Sexton Auctioneers, LLC, its employees, agents, or those on its behalf liable, due to interruption or failure of the internet service or platform service, or their failure to work correctly before the auction, during the auction, or at its closing time. Sexton Auctioneers, LLC has no liability or responsibility for missed or failed bids due to any reason. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bids are acknowledged should place their maximum bids at least two hours prior to the auction closing time. Sexton Auctioneers, LLC reserves the right to withdraw or recatalogue items in this auction. In the event of any software problem, interruption, or malfunction, Sexton Auctioneers, LLC reserves the right to extend the closing times, change the extension time, stop, restart, or cancel the auction at its sole discretion. Even though an item may display as “sold” on the internet bidding site, no sales are final until they are certified by Sexton Auctioneers, LLC and the bidder receives an invoice.
- BUYER TO PICK UP ITEMS OR ARRANGE FOR THEIR SHIPPING AND DELIVERY. It is understood and agreed by Buyer that items consigned to auction are held by the seller until the auction closes and the buyer pays for the items. At that time it is Buyer’s responsibility to either pick the items up at the Seller’s specified location, or to arrange shipping at Buyer’s own expense. In no event will Sexton Auctioneers, LLC be responsible to deliver the purchased items to Buyer.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties agree that this Agreement is entered into in the State of Missouri and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri. The parties further agree that in the event any legal dispute or claim arises between Buyer and Sexton Auctioneers, LLC, it shall be brought in the Circuit Court of Howell County, Missouri. In the event that Sexton Auctioneers, LLC prevails in any such action, it shall recover from Buyer its reasonable attorney fees and costs, in an amount determined by the court.